The government has provided additional funding of £150 million per annum to improve the provision of physical education (PE) and sport in primary schools. This funding - provided jointly by the Departments for Education, Health and Culture, Media and Sport – has been allocated to primary school head teachers. This funding is ringfenced and is only for children in Key Stage 1 and Key Stage 2 and therefore can only be spent on provision of PE and sport in schools. In our school it is only for children in Year 1 and Year 2.
We use our money in a variety of ways that will help us sustain the good practice when the funding stops. This includes specific training for staff in areas such as gymnastics, dance, tennis, multi skills and active lunchtimes and playtimes. The money has allowed us to renew our playground markings and expand the accessible playground area all of which enable more activities and games to take place outside. We have bought new resources such as tennis, hockey and golf equipment, new ride-ons and scooters, large outdoor games and restocked on favourites such as hoops, stilts, beanbags, skipping ropes and balls.
- Primary PE Sports Grant Report 2013/14
- Primary PE Sports Grant Report 2014/15 - Evaluated
- Primary PE Sports Grant Report 2015/16
- Primary PE Sports Grant Report 2015/16 - Evaluated
- Primary PE Sports Grant Report 2016/17
- Primary PE Sports Grant Report 2016/17 Evaluated
- Primary PE Sports Grant Report 2017/18
- Primary PE Sports Grant Report 2018/19