At the Brook school we encourage staff, children and parents to recycle, reduce and reuse where ever possible.
The children are encouraged to:
- Recycle paper in the classroom’s paper recycling bins.
- Put scraps of fruit and vegetabls into the compost bins.
- Make models out of household junk e.g.; cereal boxes
The staff are encouraged to:
- Reuse backing paper from display boards
- Recycle tins and boxes etc in the staffroom
- Print work double sided
- Recycle packaging from fruit etc to use on displays
- Recycle printer cartridges
The parents are encouraged to:
- Recycle ink cartridges by putting their old ones in the recycling box in the entrance lobby of the school
- Send in clean household junk e.g. toilet roll tubes, for the children to create wonderful models with in school
We have Eco Brook Bags for sale (£4) - the Friendly bag makes the ideal natural alternative to plastic carrier bags.